Monday 14 December 2015

Harvest Monday - 14th December 2015

Having been away on holiday for a while, and then catching up on all that "stuff" that needs doing when you get back, I haven't been doing much gardening. Nonetheless, I have still been able to harvest a few things.


In the harvest bowl today we have Carrots, Parsnips, Brussels Sprouts and Purple Sprouting Broccoli.


I wrote about the Parsnips a couple of days ago, and admitted that they are poor. Certainly completely outclassed by this year's fantastic crop of Carrots.


The PSB was good though, but unexpected at this time of year. The trouble is that if my PSB all matures early I'll be short of crops for the Spring, and the "Hungry Gap" will be longer than ever.


That's all for this week's Harvest Monday. head over to Our Happy Acres and see what other people have produced.

5 comments:

  1. I'd be happy with any sort of harvest at the moment. I dug all my carrots up and froze them, I sliced some to boil to have with roast dinners and cut some in to chunks to cook in stews.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice carrots and sprouts. And these parsnips look much better. Hope they aren't diseased.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is such a great, varied harvest for this time of year. And I know what you mean about catching up when you get back from holidays. Sometimes it seems I spend more time catching up than on the actual holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your carrots have been outstanding this year. I wonder if the PSB will produce the same amount as usual and finish early, or if the season will just be longer for the early start? It looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks like a great harvest to me. I've never grown the PSB so I have no frame of reference for them at all. Hopefully they will all not come ready at once, which is a problem I often have with the heading broccoli.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to leave me a comment! Please note that Comment Moderation is enabled for older posts.