Sunday 6 November 2011

Pearly Queen or Rhinestone Cowboy?

Outside our kitchen window we have that tall wooden planter that I wrote about a couple of months back. At present the only things in it are one potted cutting of my favourite Dogwood, and a Purple Sage plant.
Gazing idly out of the window while doing some washing-up I noticed the Sage sparkling in the afternoon sunlight. On closer inspection, this is what I saw:








Isn't that amazing? The leaf clusters look like brooches covered in diamonds.


This must be an optical illusion, but to me the central raindrop on this one looks to have straight edges - just like a cut diamond!


What I want to know is, why don't the drops on the vertical leaves fall off? Haven't they heard of gravity?

10 comments:

  1. Definitely a Nine Stone Cowboy (as my last husband used to say)! Isn't it spectacular? Makes me want to craft something similar.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant photos, the raindrops give a wonderful effect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It must be all that furriness on the leaf that keeps the dew drops on!

    Love these pics.

    And yes we would definitely have loved you to have been there yesterday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it's Diamante Lil (just to get you back for me having to look up Sam Yosemite!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sue; I looked up Diamante Lil and found some VERY strange images! Actually they were mostly of "Diamond Lil", (who is evidently a different person) and an American aeroplane. So, 15-All then...!

    ReplyDelete
  6. She was a character in Bergerac - I think she ran the bar!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh that will look cool for a brooch or hairpin.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nature is a beautiful thing.....

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the 2nd photo done - I like the contrast against the wall. I'm a bit sad because my purple sage plant got some mildewy thing and I got a bit overexcited pruning it to try and save it and, well, RIP...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to leave me a comment! Please note that Comment Moderation is enabled for older posts.